Badminton - Amy Quinn
Published 17/07/2015 | 15:33
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: Amy Quinn
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: Badminton
CLUB DETAILS: Sunbeam Service
1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE AN ATHLETE WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS IRELAND?
It makes me feel happy and proud.
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
I have played Badminton for 2 years with Sunbeam Service.
3) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARATION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
Playing Badminton and trying to eat and drink less sweets/fizzy drinks.
4) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I felt very very happy when I got my letter from my Mammy.
5) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
I liked working with my Coach Kim when we went to Limerick.
6) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PASTIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?
I love line dancing and shopping. Mammy, Dad, Sister, Brother, Sister-in-Law and Nieces/Nephews are in my family. My boyfriend’s name is Derek.