Athletics - Timothy Morahan
Published 17/07/2015 | 15:33
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: Timothy Morahan
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: Athletics
CLUB DETAILS: Irishtown Athletics Club
1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE AN ATHLETE WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS IRELAND?
I am very lucky and excited.
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
I do 800M; The 4 x 100 Relay; The Long Jump.
3) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARATION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I run in the mornings and some evenings and I do my Long Jump every week.
4) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRSENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I felt very good about myself.
5) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
My best memory is being with my 5 friends at the National Games in Limerick.
6) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PAST-TIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?
I like to visit the Museum with my family.