Athletics - Jack Conroy
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: Jack Conroy
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: Athletics
CLUB DETAILS: Ballinamere School/OSSE (Offaly School of Special Education), Clara, Co Offaly
1) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
I have been involved in Athletics for 4 years with my Club.
2) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARATION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I train once a week with my Club and once a week in School.
3) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I felt very happy.
4) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
My best memory was winning my first GOLD medal for a 50m Run.
5) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PASTIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?
I like to play games outside with my friend. I have two Brothers, One Sister and a Niece. We all live at home with Mam and Dad.