Athletics - Donal O’Mahoney
Published 21/07/2015 | 09:00
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: Donal O’Mahoney
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: Athletics
CLUB DETAILS: Bray Lakers
1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE AN ATHLETE WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS IRELAND?
It means I am very happy.
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
I have been involved with Special Olympics for a long time and I do Basketball, Golf, Swimming and Athletics – Pentathlon.
3) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARATION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I train twice a month and I enjoy meeting new friends in Training.
4) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I was shocked! I was so happy to be selected.
5) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
My best memory was winning 400M at the Limerick Games.
6) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PASTIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?
I like listening to music, especially U2. I also like watching Manchester United.