Aquatics - Lorraine Hession
Published 17/07/2015 | 15:33
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: Lorraine Hession
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: Swimming
CLUB DETAILS: Team South Galway Special Olympics Club
1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE AN ATHLETE WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS IRELAND?
It is great to be able to represent Country, Club and hometown.
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
Swimming - 5 years.
3) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARATION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
Swimming every week, eat healthy food and drink plenty of water.
4) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I am really excited and looking forward to meeting everybody.
5) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
My best memory was getting 2 GOLD medals at the National Games.
6) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PASTIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?
I like to read magazines, to chill out and relax in the evenings. My family is Mum and Dad and I have three brothers whose names are Joseph, Paul and Oliver.