Aquatics - Keith Butler
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: Keith Butler
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: Aquatics
CLUB DETAILS: Dublin 6 Special Olympics Club
1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE AN ATHLETE WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS IRELAND?
It is an honour to represent Country, Family and Club.
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
My sport is Aquatics and I swim Breaststroke, Butterfly and Front Crawl. I also do 1 mile Sea Swims.
3) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARATION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I am training in the pool doing 27000 metres - 3 times on Sunday, plus Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.
4) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I was on holiday in Spain when I heard the news and I got a great surprise and I could not believe it.
5) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
My best memory is winning 3 GOLD MEDALS in Swimming at the Limerick Games.
6) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PASTIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?
I Have 1 brother in Australia. I love at home with my parents Ann and John. I do Swimming, Table Tennis, Badminton and Water Polo. My mum is a World Champion Table Tennis player.