Aquatics - John Paul (Sean) Coleman
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: John Paul (Sean) Coleman
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: Aquatics
CLUB DETAILS: Cork Special Olympics swimming Club
1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE AN ATHLETE WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS IRELAND?
I am happy to be going to the Games representing Cork.
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
Aquatics for 8 years - I love it.
3) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARATION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I am training hard in Cork. My coaches train me for the Games.
4) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I was excited and very happy.
5) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
My best memory is when I won medals before which I am very happy about.
6) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PASTIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?
I like farming and watching TV. I love Home and Away, Neighbours and Coronation Street. My mom's name is Fidelma and dad's name is Ger. I have two brothers and one sister.