West Brom make new bid for Antonio
Published 15/07/2015 | 19:02
West Brom have made a fresh bid for Nottingham Forest winger Michail Antonio, Press Association Sport understands.
It is thought the offer is worth in the region of £5million, six months after the Baggies offered £4million for the 25-year-old during the January transfer window.
Forest have yet to respond but the bid falls some way short of the value placed on the player by the Reds, who are under a transfer embargo for breaking Financial Fair Play rules and would therefore be unable to spend any proceeds from the sale of Antonio.
City Ground chairman Fawaz Al Hasawi last week said that the Sky Bet Championship club had no intention of cashing in on Antonio.
He said on Twitter: "I would like to reassure our fans that I have no intention of selling Michail Antonio or any other player who wants to be part of this club."
Antonio started every league fixture last season and scored 15 goals during a hugely impressive first campaign on the banks of the River Trent following his arrival from Sheffield Wednesday last summer for £1.5million.
It seems West Brom, who are currently away in America and half way through a eight-day training camp, have turned their attentions to Antonio after reportedly being quoted £10million by QPR for Matt Phillips.