Video: Capello to stay on as England boss
Fabio Capello will have talks with FA chairman David Bernstein later this week over his public criticism of the governing body, with the two sides still not yet reconciled on the issue of John Terry's sacking as England captain.
The Italian was at Anfield last night to watch Liverpool's clash with Tottenham, signalling that he is continuing in his job as normal despite his outspoken remarks on Terry's removal as skipper by the FA board last week. He has not yet been in to Wembley to see Bernstein and is scheduled to be there later this week.
Sources close to the England manager said that he was not yet contemplating walking out on his £6m-a-year job.
Capello outlined his view in an Italian TV interview on Sunday in which he said he "absolutely" did not agree with the decision to remove Terry in light of his trial for racial abuse being adjourned until after Euro 2012.
Some members of the FA board feel that Capello should, at the very least, offer some kind of public climbdown for his comments.
Capello has no plans to leave Terry out of his next squad. The Chelsea captain is carrying a knee injury that forced him to miss Sunday's draw with Manchester United and it is anticipated that he may not be brought back until the Champions League trip to Napoli on February 21.
Meanwhile, Joey Barton will not face any legal action over his observations about the Terry racism case.
In the aftermath of Terry being stripped of the England captaincy by the FA, Barton made a number of comments on Twitter.
Although he defended them on the grounds of free speech, others felt he was close to being in contempt of court, something that has yet to be applied to tweets.
However, the UK attorney general's office has confirmed the midfielder is in the clear, while warning of the danger of committing contempt in the Terry case, due in court in July.
Terry has always denied racially abusing QPR defender Anton Ferdinand. (© Independent News Service)