Van Persie dismisses reports of rift with Moyes
Published 06/09/2013 | 05:00
Robin van Persie has rejected claims that he is not happy working under new Manchester United manager David Moyes.
Van Persie collected his first Premier League title in Alex Ferguson's final season in charge at Old Trafford. The Dutchman started this campaign well, too, netting both goals in United's Community Shield win over Wigan and another double in the comfortable opening-day triumph at Swansea, but he has not scored since.
Reports emerged on Wednesday night claiming Van Persie is not too impressed with Moyes' methods, but the 30-year-old Dutchman insists the stories are false.
"It's great working with the new manager David Moyes," Van Persie told Dutch newspaper 'De Telegraaf'. "He has his own style and methods and I like them.
"I'm happy with Moyes' style. He does his own training sessions, he's close with the players and, with his staff, prepares us very well for the next opponent."
Meanwhile, Nani has ended uncertainty over his Manchester United future by signing a new five-year contract at Old Trafford.
The Portugal winger, a £17m signing from Sporting Lisbon in May 2007, had been expected to leave the club this summer after contract talks broke down with United last season.
And having fallen out of favour under Ferguson, the 26-year-old was understood to have been ready to pursue interest from Juventus and Monaco. However, Nani has been told that he will be given the chance to re-establish himself in the first team under Moyes.
* Steven Gerrard has outlined his "dream" of becoming Liverpool manager and revealed that he will begin actively preparing for his retirement as a player by taking his coaching badges over the next year.
The England captain will be 34 when his contract expires at the end of next season and, although he is determined to prolong his playing career for as long as possible, he is already thinking of his next step. (© Daily Telegraph, London)
Indo SportFollow @IndoSport