Tuesday 27 September 2016

Manchester United must cough up £22m for Pedro, says Barca President

Mark Ogden

Published 24/07/2015 | 09:02

Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu has warned Manchester United that the European champions will not accept anything less than £22million for Pedro Rodriguez.

  • Go To

United manager Louis van Gaal has identified the Spain forward as the priority target to play on the right side of a front three at Old Trafford.

And with Pedro understood to be keen to leave the Nou Camp in order to play regular football, United are ready to make a formal move for the 27-year-old.

But speaking in San Francisco ahead of Barcelona's friendly clash against United in California on Saturday, Bartomeu insisted that Barca will not let Pedro leave without a fight.

"We have not received any offers for any player," Bartomeu said.

"I refer back to what head coach Luis Enrique said: If someone wants to sign our players then the release clause must be met.

"So far, no one has made an offer, so we are calm."

"We have not received any offers for any player," Bartomeu said.

"I refer back to what head coach Luis Enrique said: If someone wants to sign our players then the release clause must be met.

"So far, no one has made an offer, so we are calm."

Telegraph.co.uk

Read More

Promoted articles

Editor's Choice

Also in Sport