Tuesday 25 October 2016

Manchester United have made two bids for Gareth Bale in excess of £100m

Published 04/08/2015 | 07:49

Gareth Bale
Gareth Bale

Louis van Gaal is said to have already made two big-money offers in excess of £100m in an attempt to sign Gareth Bale - according to the Sun.

  • Go To

However, even those staggering bids have not been enough for Real Madrid to part with the Welshman and United must consider increasing their offer if Van Gaal is to land the 'galatico' he craves.

The Dutchman has been long linked with a move for Bale this year, but it remains unclear how high he is ready to bid as he tries to lure the player back to the Premier League.

Real's new manager Rafa Benitez has warned United off any potential move for his biggest names including Bale.

"Gareth is a huge player for us and I know that he's happy," Benitez said.

"I'm not going to talk about offers. Everything is well and he's going to have a good season with us I'm sure."

United will confirm the signing of Pedro in the next 48 hours - or so claims the Metro.

The newspaper report also adds that the Barcelona midfielder will sign a four-year deal at Old Trafford with his deal having the option of a fifth year.

Pedro was largely a fringe player during Barca's treble-winning season during the last campaign. He only started 15 La Liga matches, playing only 1550 minutes in total.

He did, however, score six goals during that period and set up another six.

The likelihood of Pedro's move to England was heightened earlier this week when his mother said he was heading for the UK.

The Spaniard would cost United around £22m, which is seen as good business for an experienced player with two Champions Leagues to his name.

United are keen to bolster their striking options after selling Robin van Persie and not renewing the loan deal of Radamel Falcao this summer.

Angel Di Maria's switch to PSG has been delayed - because the player was too tired to take a medical.

The Mail reports that while United have accepted a £44m offer from the French giants, the move continues to be held up.

Di Maria flew out to Doha to have a medical and sign a contract, but he is reportedly too weary to undergo his tests just yet.

The report adds that the Argentine was due to travel to the Aspire Centre on his arrival in Qatar yesterday evening but ended up going to his hotel room to sleep instead.

Online Editors

Read More

Promoted articles

Editor's Choice

Also in Sport