Friday 28 October 2016

Man United and Liverpool on high alert as €90m Real Madrid star in 'bust-up' with Ancelotti

Published 17/04/2015 | 11:15

Real Madrid player Isco
Real Madrid player Isco

Manchester United and Liverpool will be among the Premier League clubs on high alert with reports from Spain suggesting that Isco could be set for a summer departure from Spain.

  • Go To

The Real Madrid star lost his place in the team after Luka Modric after the Croat returned from injury

In July 2013, Isco became Carlo Ancelotti's first signing as Madrid manager when the club paid Malaga €30m for his services.

The 22-year-old came off the bench for the final 14 minutes of the 0-0 draw with Atletico Madrid in the Champions League quarter-final first leg at the Vicente Calderon and Marca says that Ancelotti is not impressed by the work-rate of the young Spanish international.

The paper reports that the Italian spoke to Isco earlier this season to become more of a team player, to "released the ball quicker and not running with it as much, something that goes counter to the player's instincts."

It is reported that Isco had a run-in with Ancelotti after he was dropped against Rayo Vallecano, though the former AC Milan and Chelsea boss says the player has a big contribution to make before the end of the season.

In January Arsenal were thought to be weighing up a €90m move for the player, while Liverpool and Man United are long-term admirers of the talented midfielder.

Online Editors

Read More

Promoted articles

Editor's Choice

Also in Sport