Liverpool transfer talk: Could PSV youngster be the man to fill Jurgen Klopp's problem position?
Published 01/08/2016 | 13:58
The one glaring gap left in Liverpool’s squad is a left-back, what with James Milner having to deputise there against Milan on Saturday. So, is Jürgen Klopp any closer to filling the vacancy?
Jetro Willems could be the man. The PSV Eindhoven full-back said: “There are a number of clubs that have been in touch.
"We are looking at my options. I don't know whether I will be gone by the time the Eredivisie season has started, but things will be alright, I am not overly worried about that.”
The 22-year-old also told Georginio Wijnaldum that they would “see each other again soon” after his friend made the move to Anfield.
Jonas Hector is the one left-back many Liverpool supporters would like to see, but the 26-year-old has poured cold water on the idea.
“Don’t’ rule [a contract extension] out,” the Germany international, who impressed at this summer’s European Championships, told Bild.
“We will clarify the issue internally. There is no stress, because my contract runs until 2018.
Mamadou Sakho’s agent, Niakate Housseyni, has dismissed the prospect of his client moving to Roma.
Sakho is facing an uncertain future at Anfield having been sent home from their pre-season tour of the United States on account of his ‘poor attitude’.
Housseyni, however, told LaRoma24.it: “He's a Liverpool player and I don't think Roma have any chance [of signing him] at the moment."
If Sakho’s attitude is bad enough to see him leave, there is surely no way back for Mario Balotelli.
There may be no way out for the Italian either.
After Besiktas were linked with the 25-year-old last week, the club’s manager Senol Gunes has now distanced himself from the deal.
"Balotelli isn't in my plans either,” he said. “I don't have a favourable view of Mario Balotelli. I have never expressed a positive insight on him."
Read more here:
Independent News Service