Felipe Anderson admits he 'does not know' if he will stay at Lazio amid Man United interest
Published 12/01/2016 | 12:31
Lazio attacking-midfielder Felipe Anderson has spoken publically about rumours linking him with a £30m switch to Manchester United - revealing he is in the dark about the deal.
The 22-year-old made his debut for the Brazil national team last year and has scored 15 goals for the Italian club in 64 appearances.
United are looking for an exciting play-maker to banish accusations of ‘boring’ football under manager Louis van Gaal as they prepare to face Newcastle tonight.
Speaking to Sky Italia about the reports, which appear on a daily basis, Anderson said: “I do not know if I will stay in January.
“I am concentrated only on my work and doing well here. I do not know what will happen.”
Lazio sporting director Igli Tare was forced to address the speculation this weekend and made outlandish claims about a £37.6m bid in the summer months.
He said: “We have not received any offer from Manchester United this month, but we refused an offer from them on August 27 worth £37.6m.
“We rejected Manchester United's offer because we think he will be worth much more once he really explodes. His situation has not changed compared to August.”
Independent News Service