Steven Gerrard is earning a lot more than Robbie Keane at LA Galaxy
Published 17/07/2015 | 20:37
Robbie Keane just about scrapes into the top 10 best paid players in the MLS.
The Tallaght native earns a cool $4.5m-a-year but last year's MLS MVP is way behind the highest earners in the league.
Former Real Madrid and AC Milan star Kaka tops the list pulling in $7.16m in his first year with Orlando City SC.
Toronto FC’s Italian player Sebastian Giovinco is second ahead of Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard.
Gerrard rakes in $6.3m this year with Lampard receiving $6m from New York City FC.
Keane is ninth on the list.
Highest-earning players in MLS 2015 (figures in US dollars):
1) Kaka, Orlando City SC – 7.16m
2) Sebastian Giovinco, Toronto FC – 7.11m
3) Michael Bradley, Toronto FC – 6.5m
4) Steven Gerrard, LA Galaxy – 6.3m
5) Frank Lampard, New York City FC – 6m
6) David Villa, New York City FC – 5.6m
7) Jozy Altidore, Toronto FC – 4.7m
8) Clint Dempsey, Seattle Sounders – 4.6m
9) Robbie Keane, LA Galaxy – 4.5m
10) Giovanni dos Santos, LA Galaxy – 4.1m