Sean Dyche backs transfer window reforms despite Burnley's abstention
Sean Dyche has backed the decision to close the Premier League transfer window before the start of next season despite Burnley abstaining from Thursday's vote.
The Clarets' move meant the vote scraped through with 14 of the 20 clubs voting in favour of the proposals while five voted against. A two-thirds majority was needed.
Dyche explained that despite personally favouring the proposals, club officials were reluctant to commit as the market in the other major European leagues will remain open.
Dyche said: "They (the club) know my views as a manager but from the club's point of view it's similar but slightly different.
"What about the rest of the windows - are they going to close? We're not sure yet. Everybody wanted change, but there is always going to be something you are not quite sure on.
"If all the other main markets in Europe come into line that will be helpful for all."
Record signing Chris Wood is in line for his home debut at Turf Moor after making a dramatic start in Clarets colours against Tottenham at Wembley two weeks ago.
The former Leeds man came off the bench to score a stoppage-time equaliser and maintain his new side's solid start to the season.
Along with fellow new signing Nakhi Wells, the pair give Dyche a number of new attacking options which the manager believes will play a crucial role in the campaign ahead.
Dyche said: "(Wood) is similar to Sam Vokes in that he has had a number of loan spells and he had been wandering around football a little bit.
"He found a home at Leeds and did very well there but we wanted to make him a part of what we do here and he has started very well.
"(Wells) is another player we have been monitoring for a long time and sometimes the lines just cross at the right time.
"We know in the Premier League you need as many different attacking threats as possible and he is a different type to what we've got."
Midfielder Jeff Hendrick faces a fitness test ahead of the clash with the Eagles after coming off with a thigh injury against Tottenham.
But Jon Walters, who missed the Spurs game with a knee injury, is available again after coming through two games for Ireland in the international break.
Independent.ie Comments Facility
INM has taken the decision to remove the commenting facility on its online platform Independent.ie to minimise the legal risk to our business that arises from Ireland's draconian libel awards system.
We continue to look forward to receiving comments through direct email contact or via social media, some of which may still be featured on the website Independent.ie