Sport Soccer

Wednesday 1 October 2014

Pulis: No Palace return for Zaha

Published 07/01/2014 | 13:57

  • Share
Wilfried Zaha, pictured, will not be returning to Crystal Palace according to Eagles boss Tony Pulis

Tony Pulis claims Wilfried Zaha will not return to Crystal Palace as Manchester United boss David Moyes wants to avoid sending the player back to London.

  • Share
  • Go To

Zaha signed for the Red Devils 12 months ago but stayed at Selhurst Park and helped the Eagles back into the Barclays Premier League.

The 21-year-old England international has played in just two league games for United so far this season and Moyes confirmed that several clubs have enquired about a loan deal.

But a move back to Palace, who sit 18th in the table, is not on the cards according to Eagles manager Pulis.

"We've spoken to David Moyes about Zaha and I don't think he's too keen on him coming back to London," he told talkSPORT.

"It's not a problem for us, he's a Manchester United player. We don't think it's a goer, although we were very keen if there was a possibility to take him on."

With his only competitive start for United coming in the 4-0 Capital One Cup last-16 clash with Norwich, Zaha is likely to be allowed to leave on a temporary basis.

And while Zaha will not be back at Palace, Pulis has several other targets.

"There are irons in other fires and we're working hard to bring other players in," he said.

"It is what we need to do. I said when I came here that this window was important. If we can have a good window that gives us a better opportunity of staying up."

Press Association

Read More

Editor's Choice

Also in Sport