Redknapp threatens media blackout
Harry Redknapp today threatened the Football Association with a post-match media blackout if they charge him for his outspoken attack on referee Mark Clattenburg.
Press Association Sport understands the FA will make a decision tomorrow whether to examine Redknapp's criticism of Clattenburg in the wake of Tottenham's controversial Barclays Premier League defeat at Manchester United on Saturday.
The Spurs boss had been incensed at the official for electing not to chalk off Nani's late goal, which the winger scored while goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes believed he was preparing to take a free-kick.
Redknapp branded Clattenburg's decision "scandalous" but it was his suggestion the referee might "come up with a story that will make it all look right" that could land him in hot water.
Redknapp said today of the prospect of being charged: "If they want to make an issue of what I said then I'll make some issues as well - don't worry.
"Don't expect me to come out on the TV anymore - ever - and speak to the press after a game.
"Otherwise, what chance have we got?
"If you want me just to come and talk rubbish and say, 'No, it was a good decision, I'm quite happy with it', then don't bother to get me to come out after a game."
He added: "We shouldn't be dragged out onto TV two, three, four minutes after a game.
"I don't want to go on TV; I'd much rather stay in the dressing room with the players.
"But when I'm asked a question, I give a truthful answer.
"He made a right mess of it all, and that was my answer. And I stand by that 100pc."