Friday 30 September 2016

Liverpool target Alexandre Lacazette casts doubt over Lyon future

Published 05/05/2015 | 10:43

Alexandre Lacazette
Alexandre Lacazette

Liverpool target Alexandre Lacazette has cast doubt over his future at Lyon, giving Anfield officials the green light to make their move.

  • Go To

Lacazette has struck 31 goals in 31 appearances to help Lyon mount a serious title challenge.

Their club president Jean Michel-Aulas has said that any offers for Lacazette would be rejected, but their position may change after the player's latest comments.

"I am good here, but after that I need to think about my progression, the future," he told French television.

"We will see at the end of the season."

Liverpool are ready to increase competition for Simon Mignolet by signing Norberto Neto.

Brad Jones is likely to be released with Neto their top target to replace the 33-year-old goalkeeper.

Jones had been hoping to sign a fresh deal at Anfield, but reports say that Liverpool will let him go and pursue another goalkeeper who can keep the pressure on Mignolet.

Neto's contract at Fiorentina is up at the end of the season and would be available for a free.

Chelsea, meanwhile, have been linked with a surprise move for Liverpool's Rickie Lambert. The 33-year-old is seen as the ideal replacement for Didier Drogba.

According to the Mirror, Chelsea scouts watched the former Southampton forward in action against QPR at the weekend.

The newly-crowned Premier League champions will get a first look at their target this weekend when they go head-to-head at Stamford Bridge.

Lambert has been used sparingly at Anfield since his switch from St Mary's and has struggled for first-team football despite a lengthy lay-off to Daniel Sturridge and Mario Balotelli being out of form.

Online Editors

Read More

Promoted articles

Editor's Choice

Also in Sport