Irishman stands to win €250k if Arsenal qualify for Champions league with this outrageous accumulator
It might be a long shot now but if Arsenal do manage to nab their usual place in the top four this season, it will complete a monster, and hugely profitable 10-part accumulator for one Irish punter.
According to Paddy Power the gambler placed a €200 10-fold accumulator in a Cork shop last May and nine have come in.
All he needs now is Arsenal to do what they have done every year for the last 20 and the mystery punter will scoop a staggering €248,701.79.
However, Liverpool's win at West Ham yesterday means that a win by the Reds at home to Middlesbrough on the final day will see the Gunners finish outside the Champions League places, and the bet hit the skids at the final hurdle.
Here are all 10 legs of the accumulator, which is so close to landing.
- 4/9 Clare to beat Limerick in the All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship
- 6/5 Tipperary to win the Munster Senior Hurling Championship
- 9/5 France to reach the final of Euro 2016
- 4/7 Argentina to win Copa America Group D
- 11/10 Dublin to win the All-Ireland Senior Football Championship
- 1/2 Cork to win League of Ireland Premier Division betting without Dundalk
- 6/5 Drogheda to win League of Ireland Division 1 betting without Limerick
- 6/5 England to win the Six Nations
- 5/2 Newcastle to win the Championship
- 4/6 Arsenal to finish in the top 4 of the Premier League
Féilim Mac An Iomaire, a spokesperson for Paddy Power, said “Our Cork punter has had a hell of a run with his predictions but should Arsenal fail to round off his extraordinary accumulator we imagine there’ll be a few “Wenger Out” signs popping up on Leeside.”