Saturday 10 December 2016

Hughes hoping to wrap up QPR deal for Cisse

Published 31/01/2012 | 05:00

QPR boss Mark Hughes is closing in on a deal for former Liverpool striker Djibril Cisse, who is currently at Lazio.

  • Go To

"We're hoping it's going to be concluded -- it's taking a little bit of time," Hughes said.

There had been suggestions the Italian club wanted QPR playmaker Adel Taarabt in exchange, but that was denied by the manager.

Mali midfielder Samba Diakite (23) has arrived at Loftus Road on loan from French side Nancy until the end of the season, with an option to buy. And Hughes is also weighing up another move for Wigan striker Hugo Rodallega.

Kevin de Bruyne yesterday underwent a medical at Chelsea ahead of his move from Genk. The 20-year-old midfielder is set to join in a £6.7m deal on a five-and-a-half-year contract, which would see him loaned back to Belgium for the rest of the season.

Bolton manager Owen Coyle has reiterated his desire to keep hold of striker Kevin Davies -- but admits the situation ultimately depends on the striker himself.

Sunderland manager Martin O'Neill has made a bid for the 34-year-old which was rejected.

"I want Kevin here, regardless of what offer is made," said Coyle. "The only thing that would change that circumstance is if he said to me: 'Gaffer, I want to look at that'."

Coyle also confirmed he has made an offer to Crystal Palace for highly rated winger Wilfried Zaha. Bolton are also believed to be close to completing a loan deal for Arsenal forward Ryo Miyaichi.

Pawel Brozek has joined Celtic on loan from Trabzonspor. The Polish striker (28) will spend the remainder of the season at Parkhead, with an option to make the move permanent.

Billy Sharp is set to join Southampton after Doncaster confirmed they had accepted a bid for the 25-year-old striker, who has 10 goals in 20 appearances this season despite Doncaster's struggles in the Championship relegation zone.

Despite the prospect of an FA Cup fifth-round tie against Stoke City next month, prolific striker Matt Tubbs is leaving Crawley Town for AFC Bournemouth. The striker described it as a "dream move", after signing a three-and-a-half-year deal.

Irish Independent

Read More

Promoted articles

Editor's Choice

Also in Sport