Wednesday 18 January 2017

John Terry claims there has been 'no dialogue' over new contract

Mark Critchley

Published 04/03/2016 | 15:23

John Terry is hopeful he may yet stay with Chelsea beyond this summer
John Terry is hopeful he may yet stay with Chelsea beyond this summer

Chelsea captain John Terry has claimed there has been ‘no dialogue’ between the club and his representatives regarding a new contract.

  • Go To

The 35-year-old’s current deal expires at the end of the season and, despite the Stamford Bridge club’s insistence that they may yet attempt to extend his stay, the defender says no offer has been forthcoming.

Terry, who publicly revealed the details of his contract situation after January’s FA Cup fourth round win over MK Dons, told talkSPORT that he is concentrating on his football despite the uncertainty over his future.

“No talks at the moment, but for me the most important thing is Chelsea Football Club and winning games,” he said.

“You get to the one-year rolling contracts and you don’t take it for granted. We had the rewards of winning the league last year, you cherish those moments and savour them.

“For me, I really hope not but we don’t know at the minute, there’s no dialogue at the moment but that’s not to say there won’t be. Who knows what the future holds.”

Terry is currently unavailable to Chelsea interim manager Guus Hiddink, having sustained a hamstring injury in last month’s 5-1 home win over Newcastle United.

The centre-back is doubtful for this weekend’s meeting with Stoke City but could return for next week’s Champions League round-of-16 second leg against Paris Saint-Germain.

Independent News Service

Read More

Promoted articles

Editor's Choice

Also in Sport