Published 09/03/2011 | 05:00
Born January 15, 1983, grows up in the notorious Meadows district of Nottingham.
- 1999 --August: Leaves hometown club Notts County to become the most expensive teenager in English football history by joining Arsenal for £2m at the age of 15.
- 2002 --July: Joins Watford on loan for two spells, plays 21 times, scoring three goals.
- 2003 -- April: Sent home by England after breaking a team curfew before an U-21 qualifier against Turkey. May : Scores hat-trick for Arsenal against Southampton on full league debut. August: Sent off for England U-21s against Croatia for throwing a punch at Niko Kranjcar. Joins Leeds United on loan, plays 36 times, scoring twice.
- 2004 -- February: Given a 16-month ban for driving in wrong lane.
- 2005 -- January: Joins Birmingham on loan. Despite driving ban, Pennant crashes his Mercedes into a lamp post while twice the legal alcohol limit. Identifies himself as Ashley Cole during questioning; later sentenced to 90 days in prison after pleading guilty to drink driving, driving while disqualified and driving without insurance. It emerged during the trial that the winger was illiterate. February: Released after 31 days on parole, takes the field for Birmingham wearing an electronic tag. July: Joins Birmingham permanently.
- 2006 -- July: Joins Liverpool for £6.7m; Plays 81 times for Reds, including 2007 Champions League final loss, scoring three times.
- 2007 -- July: Given an on-the-spot fine after a domestic disturbance for causing a breach of the peace at his home after a row with his Page 3 model girlfriend Amii Grove. She later reportedly destroys £200,000 worth of his designer clothes.
- 2008 -- December: Father is jailed for four years for dealing crack cocaine and heroin.
- 2009 -- January: Joins Portsmouth on loan. July: Signs for Real Zaragoza on a free transfer.
- 2010 -- August: Returns to England on loan to Stoke City,
- 2011 -- February: His Porsche is found abandoned at a train station in Spain, although he claims he asked a friend to pick it up for him. March: Declares interest in playing for Ireland at the age of 28.