'Sad' Alves set for Barcelona exit
Published 10/04/2015 | 02:30
Dani Alves looks set to leave Barcelona this summer after his representative confirmed the Brazilian right-back had rejected the club's final contract offer.
Alves has enjoyed seven successful years at Barcelona, winning four Spanish titles and the Champions League twice.
But the 31-year-old has been unable to agree a new deal with the Catalan club and will leave the Nou Camp this summer.
Dinorah Santana, the player's agent and ex-wife, said at a press conference yesterday that her client had rejected the offer of a three-year contract extension, which was dependent on the player taking part in 60 per cent of matches for the club.
"The negotiations are over," she said. "If they say this is the final offer, then they (negotiations) are over. It doesn't make sense. It's very hard that we get to April and Barcelona haven't thought about renewing Dani's contract.
"Dani is sad."
The news that Alves is to leave is likely to spark a scramble for the defender's signature.
The former Sevilla full-back has been linked with Manchester United and Manchester City, as well as Paris St Germain.
Santana said Alves has two offers on the table at the moment, but has not yet been approached by big-spending PSG.
"He has had conversations with future candidates," Santana said. "PSG have not made an offer, but we have two offers of three years."
Meanwhile, Real Madrid have decided to appeal against a yellow card shown to Cristiano Ronaldo in Wednesday's 2-0 La Liga win at Rayo Vallecano that will result in a one-match suspension if it stands.
Ronaldo was booked after the referee ruled he had dived although TV replays suggested the Portugal forward had been fouled.