Norwich target Destro joins Bologna
Published 18/08/2015 | 18:23
Mattia Destro is leaving Roma for Bologna, dealing a blow to Norwich's transfer plans as they had hoped to sign the Italy striker
Destro, who spent the second half of last season on loan at AC Milan, was among those under consideration by Canaries boss Alex Neil in the manager's attempts to strengthen his squad before the end of the transfer window.
Destro is reported to be moving for an initial one million euro (around £700,000) loan fee, with Bologna obliged to make the deal permanent in 12 months time by paying a further nine million euros (£6.3million).
"Today my new adventure begins at Bologna," said Destro on Twitter..
"I will give it my all to repay your faith! I'm comiiiiiing! #weareone #goals #assists "
Last week, Neil had revealed Destro was on Norwich's list of targets.
"There are ongoing negotiations with quite a few players, not just players but clubs and agents and different things like that, but yes, he is a player who has been discussed," he said.
With Gary Hooper expected to leave Norwich, Neil could now recall Ricky van Wolfswinkel, the £8.5million signing who spent last season on loan at St Etienne and scored for the development side against Leicester in front of his manager on Monday.