Football rumours from the media
WHAT THE PAPERS SAY
DIEGO COSTA, who had been told he no longer featured in Chelsea's plans by manager Antonio Conte, may make a shock return to the club, the Daily Telegraph reports. The striker went AWOL over the summer as he attempted to return to Atletico Madrid.
Tottenham's new signing SERGE AURIER said his former club Paris St Germain did not "respect his true worth" as he claimed he was the most influential defender in Ligue 1 since 2013, according to the Sun. The Ivory Coast player said he feels free with Spurs having taken a paycut to move to London for a "new adventure".
Manchester United boss JOSE MOURINHO told the Times he is happy to see out his three-year deal at Old Trafford, adding he does not need a new contract to work to his limits.
Former England captain WAYNE ROONEY had a meeting with Everton boss Ronald Koeman following the 31-year-old's arrest for drink driving last Friday. The MailOnline reports that Rooney will not be facing disciplinary action over the claims before his court appearance later this month.
The Sun claims Arsenal and Everton are battling to sign 18-year-old North Korean striker HAN KWANG-SONG, who is on loan from Cagliari at Perugia.
@TEAMtalk: #Bayern supremo Karl-Heinz Rummenigge claims #InterMilan made "no offer" for #LFC target Arturo Vidal this summer
@TheSunFootball: Jonny Evans RELIEVED £30m transfer to Man City collapsed
PLAYERS TO WATCH
JULIO BAPTISTA: The former Arsenal and Real Madrid forward is heading to Bolton, according to the Sun.
RIYAD MAHREZ: Manchester United did not make a bid for the highly-rated Algerian despite their reported interest, the Leicester Mercury said. The paper reported that Italian giants Roma were the only side to table an offer, which was rejected by the Foxes.
RAFINHA: The midfielder is subject to strong interest from three top-flight teams, reports the Sun. Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool are looking to snap up the Barcelona and Brazil star when the transfer window reopens.