Everton complete signing of Yannick Bolasie from Palace on five-year deal
Published 15/08/2016 | 14:06
Yannick Bolasie has left Crystal Palace for Everton on a five-year deal.
The 27-year-old DR Congo international has been one of the Eagles' most impressive players over the past two seasons and arrives with a reported price tag of around £25million.
"I'm looking forward to putting on the Everton shirt," Bolasie told evertontv after passing his medical. " For me, it was a no-brainer to come here."
Palace were already resigned to losing the player when he made his final appearance from the bench against West Brom on Saturday.
He was cheered by the Palace fans on his introduction but by then his head had already been turned by Ronald Koeman's plans for the Toffees.
"It's not about the money for me, it's about looking at the ambition of the club and where they are trying to get to," Bolasie explained.
"I just like to play football and it's going to be really interesting to learn from someone like Ronald Koeman, who was obviously a top centre-back as a player and he played with some of the best players in the world.
"The club has made good signings, players like Ashley Williams who I know well - and I know that I've joined a club that not only has lots of quality players but one that produces lots of quality players, like Ross Barkley, as well.
"This season is going to be very interesting and I'm looking forward to being part of it here at Everton.
"I'm ready and up for the challenge."
Bolasie has scored 11 times in the past two seasons at Selhurst Park as well as notching seven goals in 27 caps for the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Welcoming his new arrival, Koeman added: "Yannick is a player who has been a long time on my radar because he's the type of winger I like - fast, strong and he can play different positions in the forward line. He's a really good signing for the club.
"At 27, he's a good age and he has experience in the Premier League. He will give strength to the team and I'm very pleased to have Yannick as part of what we are trying to build here at Everton."
Palace boss Alan Pardew, who is hoping to spend some of his windfall on at least one new striker, wished Bolasie well.
"We are very sorry to lose Yannick, he has played a massive part in the success of the club since he joined four years ago and it is with a heavy heart that we say goodbye," he told cpfc.co.uk.
"He has been a pleasure to work with and a true professional around the team, with an infectious personality which we will miss around the club. Nonetheless this is a move that Yannick was keen to make and we have agreed a deal with Everton. He has been an iconic figure at Selhurst Park and we thank him for his contribution.
"The club would like to thank Yannick for all he has done at Palace and wish him the best of luck in his future career."