Monday 25 September 2017

Didier Drogba's agent denies reports Chelsea striker has agreed deal in China

Didier Drogba
Didier Drogba

DIDIER Drogba's future remains uncertain after his representatives denied reports in the French media saying the Ivory Coast striker had already announced his departure from the Premier League to his Chelsea team-mates.

France Football quoted Drogba saying he informed his team-mates of his decision to leave during the club's open-top bus parade on Sunday after leading them to the greatest moment in the club's history in the Champions League final on Saturday night.



"We will no longer be together next season," the French sports paper quoted Drogba as having said.



"As I decided to leave, I wanted to tell them straight in the eye. Except that I could not do it. They made me crack.



"Even though it's been three years since I said I wanted to leave, I find it hard to admit that it's over with this club – especially as I did not feel like this. But I could not see myself sitting on the bench to watch others play when the club plans to set up a new team.



"So that's it – I am preparing for my leap into the unknown. It's going to be another adventure."



Drogba's agent has since denied the validity of the article and described the comments as "not genuine".



The striker has been heavily linked with a move to Shanghai Shenhua when his Chelsea contract expires this summer, and the club's hierarchy have said they plan to sit down with him to discuss the player's future.

Editor's Choice

Also in Sport