This is the 118th meeting between Ireland and Wales
Published 03/02/2012 | 15:41
- The countries have met on 117 occasions. Wales lead the series 64-47, with six draws.
- Ireland's record win in the series is a 54-10 triumph 10 years ago, while Wales boast a best of 29-0 in 1907.
- The last drawn Test match between Ireland and Wales produced a 21-21 scoreline in Cardiff 21 years ago.
- Wales hooker Huw Bennett will win his 50th Test cap on Sunday.
- Ireland have won their opening Six Nations game in each of the last seven seasons.
- Warren Gatland will clock up 50 Tests as Wales coach this weekend.
- Victory for Wales on Sunday would make it three successive wins against Ireland in all competitions for the first time since 1979.
- Lock Paul O'Connell will captain Ireland in this season's Six Nations while centre Brian O'Driscoll recovers from shoulder surgery.
- Wales have won just twice from their previous six visits to Dublin in the Six Nations.
- Wales are 3/1 second favourites behind France to win the Six Nations title, with Ireland alongside England on 4/1.