Leinster club news: Mullingar gets new school recruits
Mullingar Rugby Club hosted a 5th and 6th class Tag Rugby Blitz on Thursday, September 29.
They were delighted to host over 100 boys and girls from the locality.
The schools represented on the day were Gaelscoil an Mhuilean, St Colman's, Curraghmore, St Kenny's and The Down's National School.
Blessed with the weather, the conditions were perfect for displaying all last season's learned skills.
Indeed the referees helping out on the day were very impressed with the enthusiasm and talent shown.
The emphasis was on skills and fair play rather than winning, meaning that more players were involved in games.
Each game lasted 10 minutes and every school got at least five matches, so plenty of game-time for all.
After the games every player got a treat provided by the club as a reward for all their efforts.
The teachers were delighted with the organisation of the event and thought it was brilliant to see that participation was more important than winning.
A special thank you to one of our talented referees Dave Farrelly, who after several years of dedicated service of the development of the game in the Mullingar has decided to step down as CCRO.
We wish him the very best for his future.
Also giving a hand out on the day was Adrienne Andrews of the senior women's team.
If anybody would like information about coaching in the Mullingar area, contact Leinster Rugby's Club Community Rugby Officer, Clare O'Brien at MullingarCCRO@leinsterrugby.ie.
Leinster Rugby is delighted to announce that this year's PRO seminar will be taking place next Wednesday, October 19 at 7.0pm in Montrose Bank of Ireland.
The seminar will be hosted by Elma Beirne, Domestic Marketing and a number of impressive guest speakers.
Topics covered include:
• Communications: Marcus Ó Buachalla, Communications Manager for Leinster Rugby
• Article writing and imagery
• How to link with Leinster Rugby and local media
• Facebook: Conor Sharkey, Digital Marketing Executive for Leinster Rugby
• Managing Content and implementation across different channels
• Social media policy
• Facebook: content, video, insights, sponsored posts, Facebook live
Twitter: Gavin Coffey, Head of Client Services, New Slang
• Twitter: live match tweeting, interaction , campaign messaging
• PRO Structure: Barry Lambkin, Portarlington RFC and Jacinta O'Rourke, Domestic PR Chairperson
• PRO Structure within your club
• Managing content and where it comes from
• Leinster Rugby mentoring system
To book your place now, contact email@example.com stating your name, club and position within your club.