Blues seek new Elite Development Officer
Following the appointment of John Fogarty to the senior coaching set-up in Leinster Rugby, the IRFU are currently accepting applications for the position of Elite Player Development Officer - with particular attention on backs and back play - based in Leinster.
The Elite Player Development Officer is an integral part of the IRFU rugby operations and the successful applicant will be required to fulfil the following main duties:
• Manage and deliver defined areas of the elite player development programmes in Leinster, aligned to the Academy and National Talent Programme as directed by the Academy Manager.
• Profile, develop and manage key performance plans for identified players within the pathway.
• Deliver specific and appropriate technical, tactical and strategic sessions to elite squads/players in the province in-line with agreed performance plans.
• Assisting in the facilitating of coaching courses and player clinics.
• Assisting in the delivery and operations of the Regional Development Squads when applicable.
The successful candidate will have excellent rugby understanding and credibility together with communication, organisational and teamwork skills.
Five years' experience coaching/playing at an elite level and a Level 2 coaching qualification are desirable.
To apply, please forward a CV with a covering letter of not more than one page highlighting relevant experience to Eoin Ward (HR Generalist) at email@example.com.