Jackson 'available for selection' for Ireland's remaining November tests after police questioning over alleged sexual offences
Paddy Jackson will be available for Ireland's remaining November Series games despite being questioned by police over alleged sexual offences.
The Ulster out-half and team-mate Stuart Olding were questioned in relation to an incident that took place on June 28 in south Belfast, with both vehemently denying any wrongdoing in statements released through their respective legal teams this afternoon.
Jackson had been due to travel to Chicago as part of the Ireland squad to take on the All Blacks, but the IRFU said he would not be involved due to 'personal reasons'.
Ulster Director of Rugby Les Kiss addressed the media today ahead of his team's Pro12 clash with Edinburgh on Friday, and while he wouldn't comment on the allegations, he did say that Jackson would be available for selection for Ireland's three remaining November internationals.
"Game-management was already in the way anyway, he'd played his maximum number of games," Kiss said in relation to why Jackson wouldn't be playing for Ulster this weekend, in quotes reported by the Belfast Telegraph.
"The statements have been put out, it would be inappropriate to make any further comment. That’s our stance at this stage.”
Jackson was expected to back up Johnny Sexton in Chicago, with that task now likely to fall to uncapped Leinster out-half Joey Carbery, who has lit up the Pro12 this season.
On the back of Kiss' comments, Jackson could be in line to return for Ireland against Canada at the Aviva Stadium on November 12.