Tony Ward: Munster's brain-dead tactics should never be repeated
So for the fifth year running we have a Champions Cup final minus an Irish presence. In a frank and honest assessment of the weekend semi-finals Munster were comprehensively outplayed while Leinster could and perhaps should have got to a fourth final. Just where does that leave Irish rugby? In as good a place as it did before either went into semi-final action.
- Green shoots but both provinces have a long way to go
- Munster's vision can now emerge through the clouds
- European pain is bearable when it's all about Pro12
- Cullen convinced Leinster were good enough to go all the way in Europe
- 'They went out without firing a shot' - Luke Fitzgerald on Munster's European exit and Leinster's bad start in Lyon