Today at the Olympics: Here are all the Irish in action and a look back at yesterday's main talking points
Published 08/08/2016 | 08:58
WHAT'S ON TODAY
Rowing: Sinead Jennings and Claire Lambe - Women’s Lightweight Double Sculls, 3.30. Gary O’Donovan and Paul O’Donovan - Men’s Lightweight Double Sculls, 3.50pm
Boxing: Paddy Barnes - Men’s 49kg (light flyweight) v Samuel Carmona Heredia (Spain), 3.45pm
Sailing: Annalise Murphy - Women’s Laser Radial Class, 5.05pm. Finn Lynch - Men’s Laser Class, 5.15pm.
EQUESTRIAN: Three-day Eventing Team and Individual Competition: (cross country) - Padraig McCarthy 2.09pm, Clare Abbott 3.21pm, Jonty Evans 4.47pm, Mark Kyle 6.03.
RECAP ON YESTERDAY
There were victories in the ring for Ireland's Steven Donnelly and David Oliver Joyce, Ireland's eventing team is in fifth place overall going into the cross country today.
Shane Ryan advanced from his heat in the 100m backstroke but failed to qualify from his semi-final and Ireland were beaten 5-0 by the Netherlands in the hockey.
Fiona Doyle was very disappointed as she failed to qualify the semi-finals of the 100m breaststroke.
Teenager Eilis O'Reilly failed to qualify from the qualifying round in gymnastics.
- What you missed last night in Rio 2016: Seven things that happened while you were sleeping
- 'One of the toughest losses of my life' - Novak Djokovic crashes out of the Olympics
- Martin equals best ever Irish result in 'toughest ever' Olympic road race
- Phelps finally having fun as he seeks to cement his iconic status
- Behan vows to come back stronger after Olympic dream ends
- Superb Evans and Cooley's Rorkes Drift lift Irish to fifth
- Joyce debut well worth waiting for
- Irishman jailed in Rio 'for touting tickets to Olympics'
Rory McIlroy wishes Irish boxers Paddy Barnes and Michael Conlan luck, a day after the former cheekily took a snap alongside the golfer's former fiancee Caroline Wozniacki and asked whether he thought they make a "great couple".