- Last night's meetings at Shelbourne Park, Enniscorthy and Kilkenny were called off due to adverse weather conditions.
- Racing at Derry's Brandywell track has been cancelled tonight because of the weather. It's hoped racing will resume next Monday.
- Mullingar Greyhound Stadium have confirmed that due to continuing freezing conditions in the area, racing will not take place tonight. The planned card will now run on Thursday, December 16.
- The Skibbereen & District CC, Navigation Trial Parkway Hotel at Dunmanway, Cork, on Saturday and Sunday has been postponed.
- Gowran's fixture tomorrow has been postponed as the track is un-raceable due to a covering of snow. A new date for the meeting has yet to be arranged.
- Republic of Ireland Schools Championship senior finals, which were due to played at UCD today, have been postponed due to adverse weather conditions.
Independent.ie Comments Facility
INM has taken the decision to remove the commenting facility on its online platform Independent.ie to minimise the legal risk to our business that arises from Ireland's draconian libel awards system.
We continue to look forward to receiving comments through direct email contact or via social media, some of which may still be featured on the website Independent.ie