Sport Other Sports

Friday 19 September 2014

John Joe Nevin pictured back on his feet at Tayto Park following horror attack

Published 25/07/2014 | 16:43

  • Share
John Joe Nevin at Tayto Park today

Olympic silver medallist John Joe Nevin seems to be recovering nicely from the horror attack which left both of his legs broken and visited Tayto Park today with his family.

  • Share
  • Go To

The Mullingar brawler tweeted a pic of himself at the popular Meath venue with the message: "Me at the #TaytoPark with the family what a day for #mullingarshuffle #TaytoPark"

Nevin.PNG

The 24-year-old has revealed that he will return to the ring in the US in September – his first competitive match since he underwent major surgery in April this year.

Earlier this week, the father-of-one  told the Irish Independent he is determined to prove he still has what it takes.

"I can't wait to get in the ring and show people I'm back, as good as ever. And, I believe I will be world champion still," he said.

Read More

Editor's Choice

Also in Sport