In brief: Ward spearheads Irish medal haul
IRELAND'S young guns will be taking home at least four bronze and one silver medals from the 20-Nation Abbas Agalarov Youth Cup in Baku, Azerbaijan.
World Youth champ Joe Ward guaranteed himself at least silver after he beat Russian light-heavyweight Vladimir Korshunov 2-1 in yesterday's 81kg semi-final.
But there was last-four disappointment for Evan Metcalfe, Declan Milligan, Michael McDonagh and Kieron Forde, who all narrowly lost their semi-finals.
Jennifer O'Reilly, Ciara Horne and Caroline Ryan broke their national record by over five seconds in the Women's Team Pursuit at the World Cup in Colombia.
They covered the 3,000 metres in three minutes 31.708 seconds and also finished fifth European team to earn vital qualifying points for the London Olympics.
New Zealand headed the pack with the Irish team coming in 11th, just over four and a half seconds off a time in the top six.
- Tomorrow's Woodie's DIY Novice & Juvenile Cross-Country.
- Last night's Women's SuperLeague tie between Dynamos and UL .
- Today's Men's SuperLeague match between Belfast Star and Neptune.
- Yesterday's Col Mhuire, Mullingar v St Benildus Leinster Cols SF 'A' game.
- Yesterday's Killina Pres SS v Cnoc Mhuire, Granard Leinster VS Jun F 'A' tie .
- Roscommon Co Convention postponed to Jan 8.
- Today's Ladies Jun Club final replay Caltra Cuans (Galway) v Omagh St Endas (Tyrone).
- Tomorrow's Leinster Club JHC final between Drumcullen v John Lockes .
- Meetings at Youghal, Longford, Lifford and Drumbo Park last night.
- Inspections at Lifford and Drumbo Park today ahead of the weekend racing.
- Yesterday's meetings at Downpatrick, Ascot and Uttoxeter.
l 7.30am course inspection at Navan ahead of today's meeting.
- Today Ascot's meeting.
- Steeplechase course at Thurles unfit for racing tomorrow.
- 8.0am inspection at Punchestown tomorrow for Monday meeting.
- All Ulster Branch games off.
- Yesterday's Leinster Schools Duff Junior Cup final.