Conflicting medical reports put Conor McGregor's bout with Jose Aldo in doubt... AGAIN
Published 27/06/2015 | 13:20
Doctors differ and patients.... well he's not in any danger but Jose Aldo's availability to fight Conor McGregor on July 11 is in further doubt.
A statement had been released to say that Aldo had suffered bruised ribs while sparring and would recover in time to put his UFC featherweight title on the line against McGregor but there are conflicting reports about his condition.
Nova Uniao head coach Andre Pederneiras has told reporters that Brazilian doctors have suggested that Aldo's ribs are fractured, while American medics have diagnosed him with bruised ribs.
“There’s medical report here and an evaluation there. I’m not a doctor to say which one is correct,” Pederneiras told the media after Shooto Brazil 55 in Rio.
“I know he’s injured and this rib injury is painful. He’s using anti-inflammatory and we will wait to see if he gets better. The fight is on, and we’ll check him again next week.”
"We will only have this answer next week.
"He’s under treatment. He did an injection and is under a PRP (platelet-rich plasma) treatment, and is waiting to get better. They take his blood, use only the good plasma, and inject it on the injury. The fight is 15 days away. Doctors say he will get better day after day.
"We can’t say how he will feel 15 days from now."
If Aldo is forced to pull out, McGregor will face Chad Mendes at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
With so many conflicting reports I've given up reading about it. Here's what I do know: Conor will be there and will win that belt.— Coach Kavanagh (@John_Kavanagh) June 27, 2015