Video: Tennis star Serena Williams became very ill after eating her dog's food
Published 12/05/2016 | 18:26
Serena Williams would be forgiven for being a little out of sorts at the Italian Open this week.
The 34-year-old world number one decided to sample the produce from the dog food menu at her swanky hotel.
Not a good idea.
“I ran to the toilet like I was going to pass out,” Williams said in a series of Snapchats.
“Yesterday he had the beef and vegetables and I promise you, I was like ‘That looks so good’,” Williams said. “It was like fresh greens and boiled chicken and beef that was seared, it was seared tenderly and it was just perfection.”
As her three-year-old Yorkshire Terrier, Chip, chowed down on her latest meal yesterday, curiosity got the better of the 21-time Grand Slam singles winner.
“I’m like, what the heck, I’m going to try it, it looks good,” Williams said. “So I ate a spoonful. Don’t judge me, I ate spoonful!”
Williams was not feeling very well when she returned to Snapchat two hours later.
“It did taste weird, it was a little, I don’t know, it tasted a little like a house-cleaner kind of thing,” she said. “I don’t think it’s consumable for humans and they should’ve wrote that!”
Despite her culinary catastrophe, Williams beat compatriot Christina McHale 7-6, 6-1 in the third round of the Italian Open