We want Daly to stay -- Corcoran
DUBLIN'S hurlers appear keen for manager Anthony Daly to remain on, despite the disheartening way they departed the All-Ireland championship in Ennis on Saturday.
But it looks like a decision on Daly's future will not be taken for some time.
Daly arrived initially on a three-year term and that was extended for another year this season, which is now officially over.
"Every year was open to review and, despite the disappointment, there will be a very fair review, by (county board) management, of this season too," said Dublin chairman Andy Kettle yesterday.
"Anthony will be given a chance to decide what he wants to do as well, that will be a factor and obviously the players will also be asked to give their assessment."
Niall Corcoran is one player who has already leapt to the manager's defence, saying: "We don't want to lose him.
"He's been phenomenal for us over the last four years. He's been a breath of fresh air and what he's done for Dublin hurling, you can't put into words," Corcoran added.
But a string of bad results has left serious question marks about Daly's future at the helm.
Last year's Division 1 champions won only one game this season. They lost four of their league games and drew the fifth (against Tipp), and then dropped to Division 1B after losing a relegation play-off replay to Galway.
Their only victory came in the Leinster championship against Laois, but then they scored only 0-9 against Kilkenny in the Leinster semi-final and, without Conal Keaney, were knocked out of the qualifiers by 14-man Clare.
In the immediate aftermath of last weekend's disappointment, Daly said he would not rush into any decision. "There is no point, you're all emotional, there is plenty of time and there is more than me making that decision," he said.