10 things you should know about Irish golf sensation Stephanie Meadow
Published 23/06/2014 | 10:46
After her stunning performance in the US Open where she finished third on her professional debut, here are ten things you should know about Stephanie Meadow
1. The 22 year-old only turned professional last week. Her incredible debut at Pinehurst, where she finished just three shots behind eventual winner Michell Wie, earned the golfer $271,373.
2. The 22 year-old hails from Jordanstown and she earned a four-year scholarship at the University of Alabama.
3. She is a member of Royal Portrush golf club.
4. Her Twitter account, @StephMeadow20 has just over 2,000 followers.
5. The former British Amateur champion has been based in the States since she was 14.
Having a great time in Pinehurst on and off the course! Very excited for the weekend!! One committed… http://t.co/zJxhxpMVxF— Stephanie Meadow (@StephMeadow20) June 21, 2014
6. Meadow became the Crimson Tide's first four-time first-team All-American. She left Alabama as the career record holder in most every category.
7. She is the only Southeast Conference women's golfer to achieve both first team All-American and first team Academic All-American honours in consecutive years.
8. Stephanie’s caddie was a photo runner for AP last week during men's Open.
9. Her stunning performance in America is likely to earn her an LPGA card.
10. A police officer was forced to chased one exuberant spectator on the 18th green , who was approaching Stephanie Meadow. The man in question was her ecstatic father.