10 things you should know about Irish golf sensation Stephanie Meadow
After her stunning performance in the US Open where she finished third on her professional debut, here are ten things you should know about Stephanie Meadow
1. The 22 year-old only turned professional last week. Her incredible debut at Pinehurst, where she finished just three shots behind eventual winner Michell Wie, earned the golfer $271,373.
2. The 22 year-old hails from Jordanstown and she earned a four-year scholarship at the University of Alabama.
3. She is a member of Royal Portrush golf club.
4. Her Twitter account, @StephMeadow20 has just over 2,000 followers.
5. The former British Amateur champion has been based in the States since she was 14.
Having a great time in Pinehurst on and off the course! Very excited for the weekend!! One committed… http://t.co/zJxhxpMVxF— Stephanie Meadow (@StephMeadow20) June 21, 2014
6. Meadow became the Crimson Tide's first four-time first-team All-American. She left Alabama as the career record holder in most every category.
7. She is the only Southeast Conference women's golfer to achieve both first team All-American and first team Academic All-American honours in consecutive years.
8. Stephanie’s caddie was a photo runner for AP last week during men's Open.
9. Her stunning performance in America is likely to earn her an LPGA card.
10. A police officer was forced to chased one exuberant spectator on the 18th green , who was approaching Stephanie Meadow. The man in question was her ecstatic father.