Noel McGrath returns to Tipperary panel four months after testicular cancer surgery
Published 14/08/2015 | 21:19
In one of the greatest comeback stories of 2015, Noel McGrath has been named among the substitutes for Tipperary for Sunday's All-Ireland semi-final with Galway just months after undergoing surgery for testicular cancer.
The 24-year-old will wear the number 26 jersey for Eamon O'Shea's side on Sunday after the Premier boss made one change to his starting Xv from the side that contested the Munster final.
Éire Óg Annacarty clubman Conor O'Brien replaces Michael O'Brien at corner-back.
Tipp will be looking to join arch-rivals Kilkenny in the All-Ireland final on September 6.
Tipperary team to play Galway:
1. Darren Gleeson (Portroe)
2. Cathal Barrett (Holycross-Ballycahill)
3. James Barry (Upperchurch Drombane)
4. Conor O’Brien (Éire Óg Annacarty)
5. Ronan Maher (Thurles Sarsfields)
6. Pádraic Maher (Thurles Sarsfields)
7. Kieran Bergin (Killenaule)
8. James Woodlock (Drom & Inch)
9. Shane McGrath (Ballinahinch)
10. Jason Forde (Silvermines)
11. Brendan Maher (Borrisoleigh)
12. Patrick Maher (Lorrha/Dorrha)
13. John O’Dwyer (Killenaule)
14. Seamus Callanan (Drom & Inch)
15. Niall O’Meara (Kilruane MacDonaghs)