Leitrim star Mulligan ruled out after third cruciate injury
Leitrim sharpshooter Emlyn Mulligan is facing another long spell on the sidelines after suffering a third cruciate injury.
The former Sligo Rovers star is a massive loss ahead of his county's Connacht quarter-final against London on May 28 in Ruislip.
Mulligan (pictured), who recently transferred back to home club Melvin Gaels from St Brigid's in Dublin, spent time on the sidelines with the same injury in 2009 and 2010.
He tweeted: "Once was bad, never mind twice, but 3 times… Someone is punishing me from up above. More cruciates torn than trophies won in my career."
Meanwhile, Silvermarines chairman Maurice Leamy says his club have been left "absolutely flabbergasted" by the one-match suspension that will see Tipperary star Jason Forde miss out on Sunday's Munster SHC quarter-final against Cork.
Leamy believes that Forde is collateral damage in a bid by GAA disciplinary chiefs to suspend Wexford manager Davy Fitzgerald for eight weeks.
Forde clashed with Fitzgerald when Tipp beat Wexford in the League semi-final last month.
Forde had a proposed two-match ban reduced to one game at Central Hearings Committee level, before his appeal to the Central Appeals Committee failed on Tuesday.
Leamy said: "Jason is a gentleman on and off the field. I feel he was goaded into a reaction by Davy and I don't know how he got his one-match suspension.
"They used Jason as a rod to get at Fitzgerald."