Kingdom will abide by 'rules'
Kerry players will be available for the International Rules series, Ireland selector Eoin 'Bomber' Liston confirmed yesterday, WRITES COLM KEYS.
Speaking at the Limerick launch of the series, Liston said there was no issue with Kerry players and International Rules manager Anthony Tohill, as had been intimated in Kerry some weeks ago.
In his position as a 'Sunday Game' analyst, Tohill was critical of Paul Galvin's conduct in the replayed Munster SFC clash against Cork. Galvin picked up a retrospective two-month ban for 'fish-hooking' Eoin Cadogan.
Tohill made his comments that night and later in the week the criticism of the ex-Derry midfielder was led by retired midfielder Darragh O Se. The issue of International Rules participation was due to be discussed at a team meeting after the Cork game but Liston is confident that Kerry will be represented in October for the two-Test series in Limerick and Croke Park.
"As far as I am concerned, there is no issue and Kerry players will be available," said the legendary former Kingdom full-forward.
Liston revealed that the management hope to have a preliminary panel finalised before the end of August.
Meanwhile, GAA president Christy Cooney has ruled out the use of video technology at major GAA games in the future despite the furore which followed last week's controversial Leinster SFC final.