Dubs under pressure to move out of Croke Park next season
Published 28/05/2015 | 02:30
Dublin's first game in next year's Leinster football championship will be played away from Croke Park if the rest of the province calls for it.
There has been criticism, including from Longford manager Jack Sheedy, of Dublin's privileged position as permanent residents in Croke Park but Leinster Council chairman, John Horan said that it was a matter solely for the counties.
"All the counties are represented on Leinster Council and it's they who make the decisions on fixtures and venues. It's very straightforward and democratic.
"If the majority vote to take Dublin out of Croke Park next year, it will happen. But, so far, they have not voted that way," he said.
A crowd of around 30,000 is expected in Croke Park for Sunday's Dublin-Galway and Dublin-Longford hurling and football championship double-header.