Curran comes under fire
Monaghan County Board chairman Paul Curran has come under fire from one of the county's most experienced players for comments attributed to him in relation to Seamus McEnaney.
As the deadline for nominations to replace McEnaney closes today, long-serving JP Mone has said he is "very disappointed" with Curran's view that some players "wouldn't have had to go on for so long" if there had been suitable replacements.
"I talk to as many people as the next man and this wasn't the impression I was getting when we were reaching an Ulster final," said Mone. "I'd be very disappointed with how things have been handled and I'd fear that it could lead to a clear divide in the future."
The executive had agreed a three-year term with McEnaney initially but this wasn't agreed to by the clubs.
Eamonn McEneaney is the favourite to take over but it is understood a number of clubs have proposed McEnaney again.
Elsewhere, a 48-week suspension is to be handed down to the perpetrator of an alleged assault on a referee at a recent underage final in Donegal.
Referee Donal Gallagher (22) was hospitalised following an incident at the U-16 Division 3 final between Naomh Padraig Lifford and Milford.
It is believed that Coiste na nOg, the governing body for underage Gaelic Games in Donegal, is to recommend a suspension of 48 weeks. The matter was dealt with last Wednesday at the Coiste meeting and their recommendation will go before the Donegal CCC, who have to make the ultimate ruling, as the person involved in the alleged attack is an adult.
It is believed that the CCC is unlikely to overturn the penalty. It is also understood that a monetary penalty is to be imposed on the club concerned.