Thoses 2002 proposals
Published 19/11/2011 | 05:00
1. Using the river Liffey, separate Dublin into north and south. New county committees for both to be formed by January 2003.
2. Both 'counties' to field minor football teams in 2003, senior teams for the 2004 National Leagues and for the 2005 championships. One hurling team would continue to represent the whole of Dublin in each grade.
3. A sum of €4.5m to be made available to help with the transition.
4. Create new clubs to cater for the growing population.
5. Appoint 50 new coaches.
6. In hurling, amalgamate some clubs.
•The national Strategic Review Committee, set up by Sean McCague when he took over as President in 2000, was chaired by former President, Peter Quinn.
Among other members were former president, Joe McDonagh, future presidents, Nickey Brennan, Christy Cooney, provincial secretaries and nominees from the business world.