five key events
* January: Signs for Nike in a £78?million deal which involves changing all his clubs.
* March: Walks off after eight holes of the second round at the Honda Classic. Blames his mental state, but then a says it is wisdom tooth pain.
* April: After a runner-up finish in Texas, can only tie for 25th at The Masters. First rumblings of unrest behind the scenes.
July: Misses the cut at The Open and reveals he feels "brain dead" on the course. Denies one of many rumours of a split with Caroline Wozniacki.
* October: After months of conjecture confirms he has split from Horizon.
* December: In his penultimate start of the year, beats Adam Scott in the Australian Open with a 15-footer at the last.