Conor McGregor completes UFC 200 U-turn
Irishman Conor McGregor has claimed he will be fighting at UFC 200 after all.
In what has become a complex saga, the 27-year-old took to Twitter on Monday morning to announce he will participate at the event.
McGregor t weeted last Tuesday he had decided to "retire young" and was then sensationally pulled from his rematch with Nate Diaz on July 9 after a row over promotional duties.
However, McGregor - who lost his first UFC bout against American Diaz in March - has taken to social media again to say: " Happy to announce that I am BACK on UFC 200!
"Shout out to @danawhite and @lorenzofertitta on getting this one done for the fans. #Respect."
UFC boss Dana White revealed the Irishman had been unwilling to promote the second instalment of his duel.
However, in a lengthy statement issued last Thursday, McGregor said he remained willing to face Diaz in Las Vegas but will not be going on a promotional tour.
Writing on Facebook, the 27-year-old said: "I am just trying to do my job and fight here. I am paid to fight. I am not yet paid to promote.
"I have become lost in the game of promotion and forgot about the art of fighting.
"There comes a time when you need to stop handing out flyers and get back to the damn shop.
"Fifty world tours, 200 press conferences, 1 million interviews, 2 million photo shoots, and at the end of it all I'm left looking down the barrel of a lens, staring defeat in the face, thinking of nothing but my incorrect fight preparation.
"And the many distractions that led to this. Nothing else was going through my mind."
McGregor said he was preparing for "revenge" against Diaz after his shock loss, adding he wanted to "finish what I started in that last fight".
There has been no comment as yet from the UFC on whether McGregor will indeed be reinstated to the card.